Sunday, July 15, 2012

Getting Started

Okay, it's 2:04 am, technically the day before I begin my new adventure as Coon Rapids-Bayard's 7-12 Principal, and I'm ready, already. So, as I embark on this new adventure, I'm committing myself to blogging. If, for nothing else, to journal what occurs during my first year as an educational leader. Who really knows how long this will last, but I hope to spend the last few minutes of each day unwinding by blogging.

Entry #1

The baseball team advanced in tournament play tonight by defeating E-EHK 7-3. They will play Tuesday in Adel versus Earlham. A little disappointing, considering that Earlham beat Van Meter tonight, and would have liked to have run into some "Bulldogs" and caught up with a few friends I haven't spoken to in a while, but perhaps this was for the best. This way, I won't have to root against VM.

Tonight, in preparation for the weeks ahead, I completed a host of projects. First a letter to teachers and staff members inviting them to visit prior to school starting, next a power point entitled "Who is Brent Jorth?" I'm thinking about using it during pre-service with teachers and perhaps different community groups that I'll meet during the next couple months. Patterning it off of Trent Grundmeyer. Likewise, I got my schedule/calendar outlined starting with Monday until we start on August 22nd. Debating whether to use Google Calendar or iCal, guess we'll have to see if I get an Apple device on Monday. Also, got started on my "list," I don't know if I'm asking the right questions, but hope it doesn't come off as naive.

In any event, looking forward to getting started. It will definitely be a learning experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment