Monday, July 23, 2012

Starting Over

Okay, okay - maybe I didn't commit as much to this blogging thing as I had hoped, but a guy's gotta sleep too, right?

Anyway, another long Monday for PJ.  I was in Adel today for a Special Ed Supervision training put on by the AEA and taught by Randy Allison.  To my delight, the day flew by.  You never quite know how these trainings are going to go, but Randy was phenomenal.  He did a great job of keeping the day moving, keeping everyone involved in the conversation, and adding just the right number of stories to keep it interesting!  I'm looking forward to learning more tomorrow!

Also to my delight, I was able to make it home for dinner with the family.  Amanda prepared an awesome tilapia, rice, and fruit dinner and I was glad to spend nearly 45 minutes chatting with Lil and Ben.

Then it was off to the School Board meeting.  Started promptly at 6:00 with a tour of the PK-3 addition.  Timelines suggest the punch list will be issued on Aug 7, and teachers will be able to start moving their stuff that day.  Lilly is going to love the PK room, "commons"/cafeteria, playground, and much much more about her new school.  The touches (paint, cabinetry, carpet, etc) are going to make that building a great learning experience for the young people of CRB.

The official meeting started at 6:30 and didn't end until 9:15 or so.  Good discussion was had and good decisions were made.  I got to present my Powerpoint, "Who is Brent Jorth?" and believe it was well received.  Likewise, I ran through the calendar items between now and the start of the school year, what meetings I had been apart of last week, and my recommendations for changes to the student and family handbook for 2012-13.  Much discussion was had in regards to the hiring of a Director of Technology, but a decision was made to move forward; but now the tough part falls to the Sup., negotiating what was authorized to be spent.  I hope we're able to get the individual we want, as I see him as key piece of the puzzle!

For the next 1:15, the Sup and I got a chance to talk.  Great learning here about loads of information.  Feel like our relationship is growing.  Hope the honeymoon continues!

I suppose I should try and run through the last couple days of last week, but I'm not going to.  Gonna turn the tube on, maybe read my novel a little bit, but then it's off to bed.  Another day of Special Ed training, but no requirements/meetings to attend to after I'm done.  Hope to run to Best Buy and perhaps get a new modem or "amplifier" so that we can get access in the bedroom.

Until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment